Next year’s date is July 21, 2018!
ARIZONA PROFESSIONAL WRITERS
MAJESTIC RIM RETIREMENT LIVING
PAYSON BOOK FESTIVAL
A community celebration of books for all ages in the cool pines!
Third annual Payson Book Festival attracts 700
on July 22, 2017.
Emily Linkey Receives Recognition Award from Payson Book Festival
During the August meeting of Library Friends, Emily Linkey, library director, received a recognition award for promoting children’s literacy and supporting the 2017 Payson Book Festival. The award was a photo of Emily celebrating reading with “Story Monster” at the July event which had 81 AZ authors and drew 700 visitors.
Carol Osman Brown, of the Payson Book Festival committee, presented the award and also thanked Library Friends members who volunteered at the event. Linkey staffed the Gila County Library table in the afternoon. On behalf of the libraries, she was delighted to receive a donation of nearly 100 children’s books from Linda Radke, publisher of Story Monsters Ink, a national magazine that goes to teachers, parents and libraries.
The Payson Book Festival was presented by the Rim Country Chapter of Arizona Professional Writers in partnership with Majestic Rim Retirement Living. Funding support came from Arizona Humanities and local sponsors.
- Followup story in the July 28, 2017 Payson Roundup: “Payson Book Festival Attracts Children.”
- Payson Book Festival thank you! Click link for larger image.
- Volunteer Appreciation Lunch: Held August 28, 2017. Volunteers received these fun bags!
- Payson Book Festival awarded Mini-grant from Arizona Humanities
- Book Festival proceeds help fund High School Scholarship
- Stella Pope Duarte presents writing workshop for Payson elementary school students in May
- The Payson Town Council named July 22 as Payson Book Festival Day! Carol Osman Brown (left) and Connie Cockrell shown accepting the proclamation from Town Councilman Fred Carpenter.