TABLES ARE SOLD OUT. TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR THE WAIT LIST.
Please read the following criteria then download the attached PBF_Guidelines_and_Application_for_Authors 2017, complete and return.
CRITERIA FOR AUTHOR ACCEPTANCE
PAYSON BOOK FESTIVAL – JULY 22, 2017
1. This is a family-oriented event open to Arizona authors and publishers only.
2. Authors must have a physical product to sell. There is no limit to the number of titles offered for sale.
3. We recommend that authors selling their own books obtain a PayPal or Square reader to be able to process debit/credit card payments. Each author will be responsible for processing his/her own sales and for following all state and local policies regarding business licensing and collecting and remitting sales tax.
4. Traditionally published authors may arrange for sales of their books onsite by an
independent bookstore. If interested in this option, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Applications must be postmarked by April 30, 2017. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Authors will be notified of acceptance by May 30, 2017.
6. Authors must provide an author photo (300 dpi jpg), their genre(s), electronic book cover, and a short biography of 100 words or less.
7. Author must complete his/her own application and payment.
8. Full table (8-foot long) and half tables available. If you wish to share a table with another author, you can arrange your own table mate. Otherwise, the organizers will make table assignments. Where possible, you will be paired with someone in a different genre. (Table prices are on the application.)
9. Payson Book Festival will supply two chairs for each table. Exhibitors may bring their own table coverings. Advertising, signs and banners may only be placed on table tops or taped to the front of the table.
10. Festival hours are 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Authors will be allowed to set up their tables at 8 a.m. and are expected to stay until the close of the festival at 3:30 p.m.
11. Authors will arrange to cover all costs associated with travel, lodging, meals, shipping costs, sales, tax remittance and any/all other costs associated with participating in the Payson Book Festival.
12. Authors are encouraged to donate one book on the day of the event for drawings to be held throughout the day.
13. Authors are also encouraged to promote their participation via social media platforms and other marketing strategies.
Please print the PBF_Guidelines_and_Application_for_Authors 2017.
Payment: Mail your completed application and check payable to Arizona Professional Writers (APW) to: Arizona Professional Writers, PO Box 1495, Payson, AZ 85547. Checks will be cashed upon acceptance.
Click on the link to fill out this Form above and Pay via Paypal